Privacy Statement Youth With A Mission NL
Why this Privacy Statement?
Youth With A Mission the Netherlands (YWAM NL) processes personal data. We do this according to the European legislation for data protection. Starting May 25th 2018 this is the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This Privacy Statement is meant to inform you about how we use your personal information and what are your rights.
To whom does this Privacy Statement apply?
This Privacy Statement applies to participants of our (training) activities, donors, people who receive our newsletters and visitors to our websites.
What is our legal ground for processing personal data?
YWAM NL processes personal data and is therefore a ‘verwerkingsverantwoordelijke’. Our legal ground consists of asking permission to involved persons for specific processing of personal data. Besides, a part of our data processing is necessary for the general interest of the involved person and/or because of legal requirements towards YWAM NL. For these activities no specific permission is asked. We process also special/sensitive types of personal data. The legal ground for this is that we are a religious charity organisation.
What personal data do we collect and how do we use this information?
(Potential) participants of our (training) activities We collect direct personal data like name, address, email address and phone number. This is necessary for communication purposes, the financial administration and for your stay at our properties. We also save this information in our CRM system (how we use CRM is explained later). Every participant is also asked to sign our Child Protection Policy.
Depending on the type and length of a training activity, we also collect indirect and special personal information like a personal picture, a testimony, information about allergies and other medical information as far as is seen important to share by the applicant. This information we use to be able to do a good review of the application and is also important for your stay at our properties and for joining our activities. Our starting point is that we don’t want to ask more information than necessary for the application and always with explicit permission of the applicant. This information is only used related to the training where the applicant applies for. If you successfully finish a UofN (University of the Nations) accredited course, then this will be registered at the UofN.
YWAM NL receives donations for general purposes and for specific projects in the
Netherlands and abroad. With every donation we receive a name and a bank account number.
This information is linked and saved in our financial administration. This in order to inform the missionary who is in charge of the project, about which donations are received and from whom. We also connect donations for general purposes and specific projects with the identity of the donor. We add this information to our CRM system (how we use CRM is explained later).
Subscribers of our newsletters
In order to be able to send newsletters we save contact information of our subscribers (name, address, email) in our CRM system. We send newsletters by mail and by e-mail. For our e-mail newsletters we make use of a program that gives insight in the way e-mails are opened and if people click on links in the email. This helps YWAM to optimize the information we send.
Do you not want to receive mail from us? You can unsubscribe anytime, see our contact information below. To unsubscribe for our E-news, you can do that yourself online via a link in the email.
Visitors to our websites (europellc.eu)
With Google Analytics we analyze the way our websites are being used. The purpose of this is to improve our websites. The following privacy measures were taken, related to how we use Google Analytics:
● Google Analytics is only allowed to process your IP address anonymously
● Sharing personal data with Google is disabled, so information is not shared to third
How do we use our CRM system?
As written above we collect contact information in our CRM system, received donations and we save preferences or receiving newsletters. We use this information for the following purposes:
● To be able to inform you (specifically) about our activities and ask you for financial support.
● Donors can be thanked for their donations
● To gain insight in our support network and the connection with specific projects.
Data from this CRM database are not shared with others for commercial purposes.
How do we use photographic data?
Incidentally photographic data is produced by YWAM NL, in order to use this for publication in our newsletters and for social media. Whenever we want to publish photographic material of specific or easy recognizable persons, we will ask permission for it on forehand.
How long do we store your data?
We don’t keep personal data longer than necessary for the related purposes the data was collected for. We do keep it as long as specific regulations require, and not longer than specific regulations allow us. We don’t have a limit in how long we keep personal data in our CRM system (alumni, subscribers of our newsletters). This information can be deleted or changed upon request (see the next paragraph).
Viewing, changing or deleting your personal data
You can always ask us which information we have about you. Before we inform you about this, we ask you to show proof of your identity.
You can request to change personal information we have about you by calling us or sending us an e-mail (see contact info below).
You can also request us to remove your personal information, however this is possible to the extent of the legal requirements we have to meet. If the specific information is processed by us because of your permission, you can always cancel this permission.
What are ‘Cookies’?
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. They are often used as a mechanism for websites to remember things that a website browser has done there in the past, for example, clicking on particular buttons, logging in, or having read pages on that site months or years ago.
In general, we use the following types of cookie:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use the shopping cart feature when buying match tickets etc.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies: These allow us to recognise and count the number of
visitors and see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality Cookies: These are used to improve the functional performance of the website and make it easier for you to use. For example, they are used to remember that you have previously visited the website.
- Targeting Cookies: These cookies record your visit to our website and your browsing habits, such as the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. They are used to deliver advertising which is more relevant to your interests and also may be used to limit the number of times that you see an advertisement. They may be placed by us or by advertising networks with our permission. Please note, these cookies do not contain any of your personal information. For details on how to manage cookies and how to opt out of targeted marking see below.
- Session cookies: These enable you to perform essential functions on the site, such as remembering a repeat form field item within a browsing session. In addition, they help by limiting the need to transfer information across the Internet. They are not stored on your computer and will expire when you terminate your browser session.
- Persistent cookies: These enable us to recognise anonymous repeat visitors to the site. By matching an anonymous, randomly generated identifier, a record can be taken of specific browsing information such as how you arrive at the site, the pages you view, options you select, and the path
taken through the site. By monitoring this information we’re able to make improvements to the site,
including the fixing of errors and the enhancement of content. We use Google Analytics software to analyse page use, page interactions and the routes taken through our sites. These are known as ‘website metrics’ or ‘analytics’. We do not record any personal information as part of this process.
- 3rd Party cookies: When you visit our site you may notice some cookies that are not related to us. If you go on to a web page that contains embedded content, for example from Facebook or YouTube, you may be sent cookies from these websites. We do not control the generation of these cookies, so we suggest that you check their policies.
By continuing to use our website without choosing to delete/block cookies, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
You can manage cookies by activating the setting on your internet browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. Please refer to the instructions or the online help files available via your relevant browser if you wish to manage cookies in this way. Alternatively, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org for further information. To manage cookies relating to targeted advertising activities, you can visit www.youronlinechoices.com. To opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you can visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Changes to our Cookie Handling
We aim to meet high standards and our policies and procedures are therefore constantly under review. From time to time we may change how we use and place cookies. Accordingly, we recommend that you check this page periodically in order to review the latest version of this document.
YWAM NL has taken technical and corporate measures to protect personal data against loss or any form of illegal use. This is in order to make sure that personal data is only accessible for staff who are authorized for it and that personal data is used only for the (related) purposes they were collected for.
Our contact info for questions/remarks/complaints related to processing of personal data are:
Youth With A Mission NL
Mussenkampseweg 32, 8181 PK Heerde (Netherlands)
Phone: +31 (0)578 216 000
YWAM NL is a Dutch foundation with CBF-recognition for charities and ANBI-status.